Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Fear-Busting: A Naked Conversation with Betsy Talbot and Rachel Whalley
Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 6:00 PM (PDT)
Hosts Rachel Whalley, MA, MFA, LMHCA of Healing for Good Girls and Betsy Talbot, author of Strip Off Your Fear: Slip Into Something More Confident, will share the naked truth about their transitions from Good Girls to Real Women, including:
- Saying uncomfortable things out loud
- Standing up for yourself (sometimes to yourself!)
- Giving yourself permission to be who you want
- Dealing with peer pressure and criticism
- Going against the grain
Both Rachel and Betsy have lived their work, and as they share their insights there will be plenty of personal stories, both humorous and deep.
The conversation will be moderated by Seattle's own Debbie Whitlock, host of the popular radio shows FemmeNation and FemmeFinance on KKNW 1150 Radio. Debbie is also a student of personal growth and will have her own stories to share.
What You Get
- A print edition of Betsy's book, Strip Off Your Fear: Slip Into Something More Confident
- An audio recording of Rachel's teleclass Good Girls and Anger + a 20% discount to Good Girl Bootcamp
- A casual evening of light networking
- Wine and light appetizers
- A digital swag bag with goodies and resources around starting uncomfortable but necessary conversations
- A safe space to start practicing the conversations you want to have in your relationship, family, work, and community
Rachel Whalley, MA, MFA, LMHCA
Rachel's philosophy is best described in the Ram Dass quote,
“We are all just walking each other home.”
Betsy Talbot considers herself a recovering Good Girl, having lived an increasingly authentic and confident life until her decision in 2008 to sell everything she owned and travel the world with her husband Warren.
Now she’s full on naked with her confidence and she wants you to be, too. You can find out more about her books and life lessons from world travel at www.MarriedwithLuggage.com, or watch her shave her head for the book launch of Strip Off Your Fear: Slip Into Something More Confident.